Monday, June 3, 2013

A Bird Bus Romance

     The weather here today is cloudy, and kind of makes me gloomy.  So to brighten up my spirits, and yours I thought I'd finally share the story of Seth and I.  This is not our current love story this is one from a younger age.  It starts when we were just in elementary school but it's our beginning, and every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.


      So I have mentioned before that Seth and I have known each other since we were in elementary school.  We lived exactly 1 mile from one another until I was 17.  Seth and I got our start on the Bird Bus, this is the bus we rode to and from school everyday.  I was in 5th grade, and he was in 4th.  So we got our start innocently enough.  Him and I would sit together on the bus, and it slips my mind as to who asked who out but we were dating.  Elementary school dating is very innocent...we sat together on the bus, sometimes we'd hold hands, and occasionaly we'd sit together at lunch.  That was dating, but he was my boyfriend for the whole year, which is a lifetime when you are that young.  He was teased a lot by his older brother and friends for dating me, it was all in good fun, but the ribbing probably started to get to him.
     We used to have Field day at the end of each school year.  All that meant is it was a structured free for all at school.  We ate lunch outside, played games at different stations, and were allowed time to just sit with friends.  The morning of Field day I kissed Seth for the 1st time in our long relationship on the cheek.  The poor boy spooked, and at lunch time during Field day he sent his best friend Phil to break up with me.  Phil approached me, and my friend Katrina and said that Seth was breaking up with me.  He had no explanation and just walked away after that.  So I've always been a little confrontational and I walked up to Seth, and bullied him into telling me why he broke up with me and had sent his best friend to do it.  I gave him a bunch of grief for not doing it himself, and he finally said it was cause I moved too fast (kissing his cheek was too fast).  I believe he to this days is one of only 5 boys to break up with me, and he is the only 1 who sent their best friend to do it.  :)  We were in 4th and 5th grade...the relationship was bound to end anyways because we wouldn't see each other all summer.  I was heart broken for probably about 3 days, but I will admit I held some resentment against Phil for the next year or 2.
     After the summer break it was like nothing had happened, and Seth and I had remained friends all through out high school, and continued to stay in touch during college.  I found out after we got together this time that he broke up with me because I scared him.  He just didn't know how to handle an older woman at the time. :)  Now he embraces my age, and reminds me all the time that I'm older than him (1 year, 4 months, and 10 days).  There is a country song by Ronnie Mcdowell, and when ever it comes on the radio Seth will blast it cause "Older women are beautiful lovers..."
     I love him very much, and I'm so blessed to have him by my side through it all.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment