Monday, April 1, 2013

My day to day

      This is my daily regiment of medicine, and add an infusion every 6 weeks brings my medicine count to 5 types.  I am currently taking Pentasa (the big blue pill), a multi-vitamin (the yellow pill), low-dose aspirin (the small white one), a teaspoon of Metamucil (not pictured), and Remicade.  With my issue swallowing pills this is always a real fun time for me.
     
      So my day to day varies with my Crohn's and that's the worst part.  I could wake up and feel great and end up having a good day.  I also could wake up and feel great and then have a flare-up that could ruin part or all of my day.  I may wake up and feel bad because of a flare-up and  that could last all day, or it disappear in a few hours or so.  The biggest sign that I am not feeling well is I begin to hunch over when I am standing or just sit down all together. 
      Today I went to work at 6:30am and I was feeling fine.  I didn't have any flare-up issues, no pain, still have sores from getting sick last week, no abdominal cramping, no fever, and no reason to feel awful.  So we went to our first 2 places and cleaned them with no issues.  Well then we went to our 3rd and 4th house, and I started to have abdominal pain and cramping so I began to hunch.  I am now all curled up on the couch with my computer while watching some Netflix movies. 
     This is the hardest part of being a Crohn's Casualty; the inconsistency in my day to day lifestyle.  Here's to hoping that tomorrow is a better day, and that I can make it through the 5 big houses that we have to clean.
 
COMPLETELY UNRELATED... to Crohn's this past weekend I spent in Oneonta thanks to my wonderful boyfriend and friends.  They surprised me with a weekend getaway for my birthday.  I had a great time visiting Fly Creek Cider Mill and picking up some bottles of the Raspberry-Apple Hard Cider, it's my absolute favorite, and living so far away I can't exactly get a bottle at any point in time so we bought 3.  We went to dinner at The Depot, which makes wings with a garbage sauce (all their sauces combine) it's so good so I ate them even though the fried food didn't feel so hot digesting.  See Seth and I have been eating rather healthy lately because it's just better for us.  Then we finished our night by bowling, and I won the first game with a score of 145, and almost placed last the 2nd game when I bowled a 102.  I was just proud to break 100 both times.  We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, and it was very nice.  Being a housekeeper I had to inspect the room before I said "OK we can stay."  Since the last place I stayed was anything but sanitary looking this was a breath of fresh air.  We very much enjoyed our weekend, and I'm so glad I got to see my Oneonta friends since it seems to be that we only see each other 2x a year.  That's the sad part about growing up and moving away you only have contact via phone, facebook, or when they read my blog.  I'm just grateful that I have some friends left in NY with me even though they are 3.5 hours away instead of running away to Florida like my BFF.  Luckily it's almost her wedding day so I will see her too.  Well I've ranted enough about my birthday and friends, and I'll continue my Crohn's life later.  I hope everyone has a great start to April and there week.  I'm placing a photo from my birthday of my boyfriend and I.  I was rather festive :)
 

1 comment: